Sunday, March 13, 2011

Best Picture Nominee Assignment

1. Winter's Bone
I chose Winter's Bone as the number one best picture nominee because I enjoyed the movie the most out of all of the other films. The movie was not all that complicated, and thats part of the reason i think that i liked it so much. It was a very honest film, the cinomatagraphy was pretty straight forward most of the time. The lead actress that played Ree was very strong. She did a good job making me believe that she was the daughter of a meth dealer with a crazy mother. She was the primary caregiver to her family and was not your typical girl. She made it really believable.
2. True Grit
I chose True Grit as the next best picture nominee because i really liked it. I think this is a great movie and there aren't really any of other movies like it out right now. I really like that Hailey Stienfield plays the lead role (even though she isn't getting recognized as the lead). She really helps make the story more interesting. I also really enjoy the cinematography. I have never seen a true western until now and i really like this movie. I like all the shots of the landscape, it really kept me interested throughout the movie.
3. Toy Story 3
I chose Toy Story 3 as my third choice because i enjoyed the movie but i don't think that it will win best picture. I thought this was a really fun movie with a good moral and meaning. This movie is for all ages and my generation grew up with the orginal toy story. I really liked the new twist and how they continued the story from the beginning.
4. The King's Speech
The King's Speech is an excellent movie and i think that it will win many awards at the oscars. I did not choose this movie as my favorite because i liked other movies better but i think this is a very good movie. I really think that Colin Firth is an excellent actor and brings a fresh approach to another movie about a british king. I have read many books and seen lots of movies about english history but not about this story. i really liked all the montages in the movie and i think that i could watch this movie over and over again.
5. Inception
Inception is a very cool movie. It's very innovative and there aren't really any other movies out there like it. I put it towards the bottom of my list because i don't think that everyone will have a positive reaction to the movie. I think the movie got to be way to long and i got bored during parts of it. Overall i enjoyed the movie but it was very confusing and got to be really long
6. The Social Network
I was not a fan of this movie. It was alright i suppose, but i feel like it is being built up to be a lot better than it really is, maybe im just not very appreciative of the "art" in this movie but i just didn't care for it. I do think that its a good story and very relevant to our time with the rise of Facebook and the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment